Saturday, May 7, 2016

Poetry Pantry #301


source

Good Sunday, Friends!  And Happy Mothers' Day to all who are celebrating today one way or another.  Celebrating your own mother or grandmother or favorite aunt or perhaps a woman who has been a mentor to you at one time or another.  Or perhaps you are celebrating your own 'motherhood' of children or even (ha) of a beloved and loyal cat or dog in your life.  Smiles.

This has been another busy week at Poets United.  Thanks to Susan for her interesting Midweek Motif topic - Secrecy!  I regret that I didn't take part, as life got in the way; but I am heartened by the fact that SO many people did!

I hope you all have read Rosemary's The Living Dead this week.  She features the poet Dorothy Porter's poem "Gorgeous Breasts."  That title certainly got MY attention.  I hope it also gets yours. Take a look, if you haven't already.

Monday Sherry has a fascinating interview for us.  She has talked to Therisa, a fellow Canadian, and I know you will enjoy this article that will go live tomorrow right after the Poetry Pantry link expires.  Stay tuned!

Wednesday Sumana is in charge of Midweek Motif.  Her prompt is BIRDS!  I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for this timely prompt.  At least here, now that it is spring birds have been particularly active!

Next week here in the Pantry we will see photos of a country that has never been featured here before.  I think you will enjoy!

With no further delay, let's share poetry!  Link your one poem below.  Stop in to the comments and say hello.  Then make the rounds of the poems written by others!  I will see you on the trail as the day goes on!
----------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment