Saturday, December 12, 2015

Poetry Pantry #282


Macy's Christmas-themed Windows
Downtown Chicago, Illinois


Perhaps needed at this time of year?


Santa's Workshop


The Red Planet:  Mars

Santa and his reindeer making visits


Street Decorations in front of Macy's


Greetings, Friends.  Today I am sharing photos I took last weekend in downtown Chicago.  Every year the Macy's Store (formerly Marshall Fields) decorates its windows  with beautiful decorations.  I have shared only a few of them, and my photos do not do them justice.  One of the themes of the windows this year involved the 9 planets.  I have only shown "Mars" and "Earth" above. There were also a few Peanuts character scenes, perhaps because of the recent Peanuts movie.  I have inserted my favorite above.  These windows have been a Chicago Christmas tradition (and tourist attraction) for decades.  Each year they are different.  I enjoyed having the opportunity to see them this year!

We had a good week at Poets United--from Sherry sharing the poems of three poets last Monday to Sumana's theme of colors at Midweek Motif to the poem Clovers Rosemary shared for I Wish I'd Written This.

On Monday, return to see the 3 peace poems (by three different PU poets) Sherry is highlighting.  On Wednesday Susan's Midweek Motif theme is design.

As I mentioned last week, Poets United will be taking a short holiday break so that both staff and other poets have a bit of time to relax during this time.  Poetry Pantry will be held as usual next Sunday, December 20.  The break will take place between December 21 and January 2.  The usual schedule will resume again on Sunday, January 3, 2016, with Poetry Pantry, when we all hopefully will return recharged and refreshed.  Smiles.

With no further delay, share your poem using Mr. Linky below.  Stop into the comments and greet your fellow poets.  Visit the poems of people who write.  Do have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment